Sharpen your blades as today Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games, is thrilled to reveal two new talents added to upcoming brutal side-scrolling slasher Slave Zero™ X’s already stacked voice roster: Michael Schwalbe and Shelby Young. Both voice actors lend their voices to the fourth member of the Five Calamities, The Regent, a mastermind shrouded in mystery who has perfected the art of manipulation. Made in partnership with Poppy Works and the team behind the renowned Devil Engine, Slave Zero™ X is the blood-soaked sequel to the original classic Slave Zero (1999).
Michael Schwalbe — Regent (Male):
A director, writer, voice actor, and singer living in Las Vegas, Nevada, Michael Schwalbe is often referred to as a "vocal chameleon." With voice credits that span from hit animes like Kawaki (Boruto), and critically acclaimed video games like Balrog (Devil May Cry 5), Combine Charger (Half Life Alyx), and Scoppy Banoopy (Bugsnax), Michael's vocal talent has been heard by tens of millions.
Shelby Young — Regent (Female):
Shelby Young is a Los Angeles-based actor with an extensive background in voice-over, voice-matching, motion capture, looping/ADR, and on-camera work. Known for her voice work in as Kuld (God of War Ragnarok), Princess Leia (Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga), and various voices in Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Shelby also has on-camera experience and is known for playing characters such as Leah from the Emmy-winning American Horror Story.
The immensely talented artists are lending their talents to bring to life the fourth member of the Five Calamities: The Regent. Also known by the pseudonym “Wuguan”, The Regent is in the innermost circle of generals who answer only to the Sovereign Khan. Having discarded his human form long ago, The Regent now exists as a mind within an artificial body, acting as a quintessential fascist that views human beings as livestock to be exploited. Lacking the fearsome combat prowess of the other generals in SovKhan’s service, The Regent’s primary assets are an unparalleled ability to manipulate the course of events in society, with a fierce willingness to devote himself wholeheartedly to this task in the service of a higher power.
Features of Slave Zero™ X include:
- Different Modes to Mutilate: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Bloody Palace Mode
- Hack-n-Slash ‘n Slash ‘n Slash…: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- An Environment Worthy of H.R. Giger: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic arch-villains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Brutal Battles and Cutthroat Missions: Battle your way through massive levels, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world
- Blood-Soaked and Synth-Soaked: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up