It’s all systems go as today, Ziggurat Interactive — publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games — is pleased to announce that their 360-degree combat flight simulator Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is now available for PC and Nintendo Switch, and is coming soon to Xbox and PlayStation.
Originally developed in 1995 by Terminal Reality (the creators of the BloodRayne franchise, led by the former lead developer of Microsoft Flight Simulator), and published by 3D Realms (Duke Nukem), Terminal Velocity™ was critically praised for its exhilarating, high-speed action gameplay and cutting-edge graphics. Updated for modern platforms, Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition will include smoother gameplay, cleaner graphics, a fast framerate, and improved sound, as well as achievements and trophies — a first for the game!
Unlike most other flight simulators, Terminal Velocity™ is all about combat. With low inertia flight mechanics that allow players to bank, roll, and loop easily across treacherous maps and a straightforward control layout, they’ll be thrust bow-first right into the action.
To maintain their aerial superiority, they’ll have access to an arsenal of weaponry and several game-changing power-ups to conquer deadly enemy fighters in the air and on the ground. They’ll feel the ultimate power of flight as they take to the skies and soar through alien environments and show off their aerial skills through dozens of tight tunnels and underground caverns. It's all about action, speed, and destruction!
Features of Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition include:
- No, No. We Don’t Do Barrel Rolls Here: Blast through enemies at breakneck speed in a spacecraft so fast and dangerous no one else is brave (or foolish) enough to pilot it.
- Wondrous Alien Planets That Really Want To Kill You: Experience battles across nine different planets, with 27 total levels and over 400,000 square miles of battlefield.
- Smoother, Faster, & Better Than Ever: With widescreen support and a silky smooth framerate, Terminal Velocity™ has never looked better. The view distance is majorly enhanced now, and the sky rendering code has been updated to reduce jitter in the polygons, the view is no longer fogged all the time!
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements and trophies are being implemented into the game for the first time! These challenges will truly test the mettle of all pilots as they make use of the various destructive weapons, powerups and spectacular air-to-air and ground-to-ground combat.
- The Sound of (not) SIlence: Sound channels have been completely re-engineered to offer a full 360-degree audio effect! Not only does this create a more immersive gaming experience, but it also brings the authenticity of the original code to modern audio systems
About Ziggurat Interactive
Ziggurat Interactive is an independent developer and publisher of new and old video games. Breathing new life into titles lost to time, they restore the past, remaster classic moments and reimagine retro gaming experiences.
Established in 2019, the company has published over 100 titles across multiple digital platforms. Ziggurat Interactive is the home of BloodRayne, A Boy & His Blob, Slave Zero X and more beloved titles of the past.
About Terminal Reality
Terminal Reality is an independent video game development company known for creating high-quality and engaging games. Established in 1994, the company has developed a variety of titles for various platforms including console, PC, and mobile. They have released critically acclaimed games such as BloodRayne, BloodRayne 2 and Ghostbusters: The Video Game, as well as their own gaming engine Infernal. The dedicated team at Terminal Reality is committed to providing players with the best gaming experience possible.
© 2023 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Terminal Velocity™ is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.