Sharpen your blades as today, We showcased a brand new trailer for its upcoming savage hack-and-slash title Slave Zero™ X during The Indie Horror Showcase! Promising to be a bloody good time, Slave Zero X’s penchant for violence, savagery, and sheer brutality is on display in the new video.
A satisfyingly punishing game, Slave Zero X sees players embody the protagonist Shou, a member of an underground resistance faction called The Guardians. Vowing revenge and merging with a stolen Slave Unit Prototype, Shou will take up arms and do battle against the violent forces of the tyrannical SovKhan, the ruthless dictator who rules Megacity S1-9 with fists of iron and flesh. The line to his desired vengeance is not a straight one, however – the SovKhan has a bloodthirsty army at his command, ready to take down any who rebel with the snap of his fingers. Players will battle through this biopunk dystopia, slicing and dicing any and all who stand in the way.
Made in partnership with Poppy Works and the team behind the renowned Devil Engine, Slave Zero X features multiple gameplay modes and a variety of futuristic 2.5D dystopian urban levels to battle through. Players will string together brutal combos and fight through waves of genetically enhanced biopunk opponents — all to the tune of a gnarly synth soundtrack. Run and slash your way through a dystopian future in this character action game, which will resonate with fans of Devil May Cry, Strider, and Guilty Gear.
Features of Slave Zero X include:
- Different Modes to Mutilate: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Bloody Palace Mode
- Hack-n-Slash ‘n Slash ‘n Slash…: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- An Environment Worthy of H.R. Giger: Battle your way through massive levels and boss-rushes in a lo-fi blend of 2D and 3D art reminiscent of the 90s Dreamcast era.
- Brutal Battles and Cutthroat Missions: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic arch-villains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Blood-Soaked and Synth-Soaked: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up