Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games, is bringing back a top-selling title of the Dreamcast era. Made in partnership with Poppy Works and the team behind the renowned Devil Engine, Slave Zero™ X is an exciting new entry set in the same world as the original Slave Zero (1999). Today, we’re revealing that Ian Russell, known for his work in Payday 2, RWBY: Arrowfell and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, is showcasing his talent in this fast-paced, hard-hitting, biopunk action game.
Check out the voice actor reveal trailer:
British actor Ian Russell, known for his roles in the heist shooter Payday 2, anime-influenced adventure RWBY: Arrowfell, and grimdark RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, joins the star-studded lineup as Master Kurikara. Master Kurikara is the founder and leader of The Guardians. He once believed that Old World technology could be studied and used to reunite the world, but after a dark discovery, he isn't so sure. The Master has vowed to lead his band of warriors to overthrow the SovKhan and free the world from his tyranny. He is stern, thoughtful, and most of all...tired. Kurikara blames himself for the rise of the SovKhan and he feels a need to atone for his past mistakes.
The newest title in the classic Dreamcast Slave Zero™ franchise will bring a whole new side-scrolling hack-and-slash experience to fans of the original game. A satisfyingly punishing game, Slave Zero™ X sees players fusing with a sentient death-dealing biosuit to do battle against the violent forces of the tyrannical SovKhan. Featuring multiple gameplay modes and a variety of futuristic 2.5D dystopian urban levels to battle through, players will string together brutal combos and fight through waves of genetically enhanced biopunk opponents — all to the tune of a gnarly synth soundtrack.
Features of Slave Zero™ X include:
- Different Modes to Mutilate: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Crimson Citadel Mode
- Hack-n-Slash ‘n Slash ‘n Slash…: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- An Environment Worthy of H.R. Giger: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic arch-villains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Brutal Battles and Cutthroat Missions: Battle your way through massive levels, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world
- Blood-Soaked and Synth-Soaked: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up
© 2022-2023 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Published by Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Developed by Poppy Works. Slave Zero is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.