Two new voice talents joining the fray: Jamieson Price, known for his work in Persona 5, Shazam! (2019), HBO’s Westworld, and Hidekatsu Shibata, known for Fairy Tale, Fullmetal Alchemist, OnePiece, Naruto, and many more. The actors are voicing the vicious and power-hungry character SovKhan (Sovereign Khan) in English and Japanese, respectively.
Jamieson Price — SovKhan (English):
Jamieson Price is an American actor renowned for his resonant and commanding voice and has gained acclaim for his roles in various anime and video games. Recognized as the voice behind characters such as the Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou, Sojiro Sakura in Persona 5, Ovan in .hack//G.U., as well as Galbalan and Milton Grimm from Ever After High, now Jamieson brings his talent to the futuristic dystopian hellscape of Slave Zero X as the tyrannical leader The Sovereign Khan, Lu Chen.
Hidekatsu Shibata — SovKhan (Japanese):
Hidekatsu Shibata is a supremely accomplished voice actor with decades of experience and over 100 voice roles to his name. His prolific roles are voicing Monkey D. Dragon in One Piece, King Bradley in Fullmetal Alchemist, Sarutobi (The Third Hokage) in Naruto, and dozens of others. Hidekatsu’s powerful, all-encompassing vocal talent captures the sheer authority seeping from The SovKhan’s very being, making him the perfect choice in portraying this ruthless ruler.
Who is The SovKhan?
The SovKhan is the supreme ruler of Megacity S1-9 and a self-proclaimed God, ruling over the inhabitants with fists of iron and death. Nearly 200 years old, SovKhan has immeasurable knowledge and strength, leading him to be feared and revered by the city’s inhabitants. Age and unparalleled power have distanced him from his sense of humanity, freeing him to subject the masses of the Megacity and its surrounding territories to unspeakable cruelty in pursuit of ascending to Godhood. Though not sadistic, he is fundamentally out of touch with reality – caring for nothing other than perfecting the limits of his capabilities and his ultimate ascension to divinity.
The newest title in the classic Dreamcast Slave Zero™ franchise will bring a unique side-scrolling hack-and-slash experience to fans of the original game. A satisfyingly punishing game, Slave Zero X sees players fusing with a sentient death-dealing biosuit to do battle against the violent forces of the tyrannical SovKhan. Featuring multiple gameplay modes and a variety of futuristic 2.5D dystopian urban levels to battle through, players will string together brutal combos and fight through waves of genetically enhanced biopunk opponents — all to the tune of a gnarly synth soundtrack.
Features of Slave Zero X include:
- Different Modes to Mutilate: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Crimson Citadel Mode
- Hack-n-Slash ‘n Slash ‘n Slash…: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- A 2.5D Environment Worthy of H.R. Giger: Battle your way through massive levels and boss-rushes in a lo-fi blend of 2D and 3D art reminiscent of the 90s Dreamcast era
- Brutal Battles and Cutthroat Stages: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic arch-villains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Blood-Soaked and Synth-Soaked: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up
Slave Zero™ X launches February 21, 2024. Slave Zero™ X is available to wishlist now on Steam, GOG, and PlayStation. Digital pre-orders are available now on GOG, PlayStation 4 and 5, as well as Xbox One and Series S/X.