Today, Ziggurat Interactive — publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games — and Mega Cat Studios (WrestleQuest and Coffee Crisis) are thrilled to announce that World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 launches on PC on January 17, 2023. In the publisher’s latest entry into the preservation of beloved retro titles, players are challenged to show off their skills in a one-two combo of business tycoon and sports simulation gameplay. Build a boxing legacy with the best trainers, recruit a roster of professional pugilists, and lead your athletes to the top! As an added bonus, those who purchase World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 will also receive the original World Championship Boxing Manager™ for an extra dose of ringside action!
Watch the World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 release date trailer below:
“Our collaboration with the amazingly-creative folks at Mega Cat Studios has produced a wonderfully fresh take on sport business sims and boxing,” said Rhett Ahlander, Marketing Manager at Ziggurat Interactive. “We can’t wait to continue this partnership and produce more great games together.”
Monica Figueroa, Marketing Manager at Mega Cat Studios said, “We are thrilled to share World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 with the world! Our team is honored to add another punch to the wonderful and storied history of boxing and gaming. Having Ziggurat in our corner kept us in fighting shape and proved invaluable as we brought our love letter to boxing to the world.”
Brought to life with hand-drawn 32-bit visuals, World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 is the official sequel to its 1991 predecessor. Players will enlist promising amateur competitive fighters and train them from the ground up on their path to the world championship. They’ll manage their training schedules — including fitness training — to create the best balance for their roster. To keep them on the path to glory, they’ll also need to hire the best staff, gain supporters at all levels, and promote their fighters. The game features former pro boxers Rocky Marciano™, Sugar Ray Robinson™, and Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox as coaches within the game, along with a roster of fantastic fictional fighters, coaches, and training staff. A well-managed team will rise to the top, but one misstep will lead to a TKO!
Features of World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 include:
- An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including iconic licensed characters, Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox, Rocky Marciano™ and Sugar Ray Robinson™!
- 32-bit visuals with modern features, including dynamic lighting and a fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time
- An extensive skill system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory
- A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters — even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox!
- Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the boxing experience together with viewer-triggered random in-game events that can help or hinder the player.
- Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!
World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 will be available for PC via Steam on January 17, with plans to launch on consoles at a later date.
Wishlist World Championship Boxing Manager™ 2 on Steam here.
About Ziggurat Interactive
Ziggurat Interactive is an independent developer and publisher of new and old video games. Breathing new life into titles lost to time, they restore the past, remaster classic moments and reimagine retro gaming experiences.
Established in 2019, the company has published over 100 titles across multiple digital platforms. Ziggurat Interactive is the home of BloodRayne, The Boy & His Blob, Slave Zero X and more beloved titles of the past.
More info about Ziggurat Interactive, its current lineup, and upcoming announcements is available on Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and its official website.
© 2022 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. World Championship Boxing Manager is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Rocky Marciano™ is a trademark of the Family of Rocky Marciano. Sugar Ray Robinson™ is a trademark of Sugar Ray Robinson Licensing & Properties. All rights reserved.