It’s almost time to return to a sci-fi classic. Next week, Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition, launches onto PC and consoles, over 25 years since its initial release! This revitalization of the 1995 gem, is launching on March 14th and invites players to strap back into their flying coffins and experience the definitive version of Terminal Velocity™!
Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is the work of the game’s original developer, Terminal Reality (the creators of the BloodRayne franchise, led by the former lead developer of Microsoft Flight Simulator) and it features a cockpits-worth of upgrades and updates to the original game. The 2023 title features extended draw distance and improved sky rendering, along with modern resolution support for the first time in Terminal Velocity™’s history. Achievement hunters will find more to love with Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition thanks to the inclusion of achievements and trophies, and the entire experience features re-engineered sound that blasts the game into overdrive!
Unique to most flight simulators, Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition puts combat at the forefront. With low inertia flight mechanics that allow players to bank, roll, and loop easily across treacherous maps, and a straightforward control layout, they’ll be thrust bow-first right into the action. To support them in battle, they’ll have access to seven destructive weapons and multiple power-ups to conquer deadly enemy fighters in the air and on the ground. They’ll feel the ultimate power of flight as they take to the skies and soar through realistic environments and put their aerial skills to the test as they travel through dozens of tunnels and underground caverns. It’s all about action, speed, and destruction!
Features of Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition include:
- No, No. We Don’t Do Barrel Rolls Here: Blast through enemies at breakneck speed in a spacecraft so fast and dangerous no one else is brave (or foolish) enough to pilot it.
- Wondrous Alien Planets That Really Want To Kill You: Experience battles across nine different planets, with 27 total levels and over 400,000 square miles of battlefield.
- Smoother, Faster, & Better Than Ever: With widescreen support and a silky smooth framerate, Terminal Velocity™ has never looked better. The view distance is majorly enhanced now, and the sky rendering code has been updated to reduce jitter in the polygons, the view is no longer fogged all the time!
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements and trophies are being implemented into the game for the first time! These challenges will truly test the mettle of all pilots as they make use of the various destructive weapons, powerups and spectacular air-to-air and ground-to-ground combat.
- The Sound of (not) SIlence: Sound channels have been completely re-engineered to offer a full 360 degree audio effect! Not only does this create a more immersive gaming experience, but it also brings the authenticity of the original code to modern audio systems
© 2023 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Terminal Velocity™ is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.