Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is now available for Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Released on PC and Nintendo Switch earlier this year and updated for modern platforms, Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition brings players all the high-octane aerial action with smoother gameplay, cleaner graphics, faster frame rates, and improved sound, as well as achievements and trophies!
Originally developed in 1995 by Terminal Reality (the creators of the BloodRayne franchise, led by the former lead developer of Microsoft Flight Simulator), and published by 3D Realms (Duke Nukem), Terminal Velocity™ was critically praised for its exhilarating, high-speed action gameplay and cutting-edge graphics. It's all about speed, action, and havoc!
Players will have access to an array of weaponry and various power-ups to take down enemy fighters both in the air and on the ground t maintain their aerial advantage. Soar through bizarre and alien terrains and demonstrate top-notch piloting skills challenged by hundreds of narrow tunnels and underground caves, and utilize the inertia flight mechanics that allow players to bank, roll, and loop easily around the map.
Features of Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition include:
- No, No. We Don’t Do Barrel Rolls Here: Blast through enemies at breakneck speed in a spacecraft so fast and dangerous no one else is brave (or foolish) enough to pilot it.
- Wondrous Alien Planets That Really Want To Kill You: Experience battles across nine different planets, with 27 total levels and over 400,000 square miles of battlefield.
- Smoother, Faster, & Better Than Ever: With widescreen support and a silky smooth framerate, Terminal Velocity™ has never looked better. The view distance is majorly enhanced now, and the sky rendering code has been updated to reduce jitter in the polygons, the view is no longer fogged all the time!
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements and trophies are being implemented into the game for the first time! These challenges will truly test the mettle of all pilots as they make use of the various destructive weapons, power-ups, and spectacular air-to-air and air-to-ground combat.
- The Sound of (not) Silence: Sound channels have been completely re-engineered to offer a full 360-degree audio effect! Not only does this create a more immersive gaming experience, but it also brings the authenticity of the original code to modern audio systems.
© 2023 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Terminal Velocity™ is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.