When collectors discuss rare games, Rendering Ranger: R² for the Super Famicom is bound to come up. Released only in Japan, the game featured amazing pre-rendered graphics and plenty of action! Today, Ziggurat Interactive is pleased to announce they are bringing it back via a SNES physical cartridge release through Limited Run Games… and pre-orders are live now!
Visit the pre-order page - https://limitedrungames.com/collections/rendering-ranger-r2
Pre-orders close on Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Originally created by Manfred Trenz of Turrican fame and developed by Rainbow Arts, Rendering Ranger: R² blends the familiar side-scrolling gameplay of Contra with gameplay that resembles R-Type's space shooter levels.
Take on the role of a special forces soldier tasked with saving the Earth from an alien invasion while you expand your arsenal of weapons and take your fight to the enemy in this post-apocalyptic adventure.
Features of Rendering Ranger: R² Include:
- Gut-wrenching, side-scrolling action with sprawling stage design and cinematic presentation
- Mind-blowingly fast horizontal shooting stages unlike ever seen before on Super Nintendo
- Upgradeable weapons, tons of enemies, and dynamic on-scene mayhem at nearly every turn
- Gigantic bosses, fully rendered in 90s Silicon Graphics
- Timeless 16-bit action at its best from legendary game creator Manfred Trenz (creator of the Turrican series)
- Releasing worldwide for the very first time since its original release back in 1995
Ziggurat Interactive is an independent developer and publisher of new and old video games. Breathing new life into titles lost to time, they restore the past, remaster classic moments and reimagine retro gaming experiences.
Established in 2019, the company has published over 100 titles across multiple digital platforms. Ziggurat Interactive is the home of BloodRayne, The Boy & His Blob, Slave Zero X and more beloved titles of the past.
© 2022 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Rendering Ranger: R2 and Targa are trademarks of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.